Preview to sawatdee !!!

a couple of weeks ago, i tried to visit the places that i used to go to most of the time here in bangkok.

friday, first stop, MBK, one of the best places to go shopping here in bangkok, i used to go here often just to watch some movie, since they always give free magnetic stickers for the ref or waste time by going around the place. Best place to buy your spicy sampaloc at the second floor near the jewelry area. i went here just to get my new KTC visa mini credit card.

second stop, Siam Square, a hundred metre walk away from MBK, one of the posh place to go shopping here in bangkok, i also like to watch movies here but definitely not shopping (things are way expensive here) after i received my new mini visa, i decided to use it on some fancy italian restaurant here in Siam square. to my dismay, the resto's already closing when i arrived. hungry and frustrated, i decided to jump to the next mall.

third stop, Siam Paragorn, the newest posh place to visit here in bangkok, less than one year old, it's the place where the MTV Asia Music Awards 2006 was held. plus it has an ocean/aquarium theme park under it(try to imagine its size). i finally found a simple italian resto near the food court, food price is average, i ordered pizza and alfredo something pasta. i initially gave my visa mini to pay for my meal, but it's not workin with that bloody hypercom edc terminal. so i ended up using the visa mini's normal size twin brother credit card. my meal = 350 baht.

saturday morning, fourth stop, victory monument. yep i know, i practically almost always get off at the victory monument bts station, but i don't actually go around the place unlike my first year here. my derma appointment is at 9:30 am yet i arrived at the hospital at 10. (the derma hospital is at victory monument) everything went fine and my dermatologist told me that i'll have my peeling schedule next month, 4th of november.

saturday afternoon 5th stop, Pantip Plaza, the IT haven here in the heart of bangkok from aaa batteries to usb electric fans... you can buy it all here. i made a quick stop here to buy me some CD-Rs, so i can backup my files, mp3s, ebooks, and comics. i love this place as much as i hate it. i'll tell you why if you'll ask me.

6th stop, Central World Plaza, the largest
lifestyle shopping complex (as they advertise), which was under renovation/construction for the past 9 months. i watched the movie 'the devil wears prada' hoping that anne hathaway will show some skin. went home after nine and prepared myself to sleep early. at 10:30 pm, Mel called me and asked me to join them at Khaosan road.

7th and final stop for the weekend, khaosan road, khaosan literary means rice granary in thai, one of the favourite streets of farangs (white foreigners) here in bangkok. the place has bars and pubs to boot plus minor tiangge and the best place to have your hair braided. i went out with Mel and his thai gf Mam, James and his russian gf Helena. my two notorious chick magnet friends look so timid and behaved with their respective partners.

0 Responses to "Preview to sawatdee !!!"